Profile: “Prevention of Regional Conflicts”
The department of “International Relations” prepares popular specialists in the areas of public service, non-governmental sector, international organizations. In the process of studying, you will master several foreign languages, gain experience in public speaking and debates, master the skills of scientific, analytical work with information, develop your leadership skills and organizational skills, make various useful contacts with potential employers or Universities to get a master’s degree. We will help you to develop the “Winner mentality and spirit”, reveal your talents and master the knowledge necessary for successful professional implementation.
Awarded qualification and term of study
The graduate is awarded an academic qualification degree of Bachelor of International Relations.
Duration: 4 years
License No. LD145000154, registration number 15/0025, (IR)
At the moment, the department is undergoing the accreditation procedure.
Mission of the program
The mission of the “International Relations” department is: the training of modern, competitive, multilingual specialists exhibiting high social activity and social responsibility.
In accordance with the mission, the department implements the following educational goals:
- the formation and development of graduates of social and communication and information competencies necessary for their professional activities in the field of international relations;
- the formation of socially active and, at the same time, socially responsible citizens, initiative and possessing leadership skills and organizational skills.
The learning outcomes achieved by graduates of the direction “International Relations”:
Graduates of the program:
- they are able to apply general theoretical and applied methods of research of social and political processes, carry out a general analysis and build a common prediction in the field of international relations;
- creatively combine knowledge from a variety of disciplines to solve professional and life tasks, develop creative ideas and actions to implement them;
- demonstrate advanced communication skills in Kyrgyz, Russian and foreign languages (English and second foreign language);
- use the skills of critical thinking in analyzing social and political problems, making decisions and designing actions to solve them and overcome them;
- demonstrate the skills and results of teamwork;
- demonstrate the skills of self-searching for the necessary information, determining the quality of the information source, working on information provided by the media.
click to veiw
Already today, graduates of the department continue their education in the masters and postgraduate courses of the Higher Educational Institutions of Kyrgyzstan, Germany, Austria, the USA, Kazakhstan, Russia, and the OSCE Academy. They successfully implement their skills in international and non-profit organizations, research and consulting centers, in the field of teaching, as well as in private business and journalism.
In addition to the above, graduates can work in state and municipal structures, scientific institutions and create their own businesses in various industries.
Makarov Anatoly Vyacheslavovich
Head of the “International relations”.
Courses taught: World History, History and Theory of International Relations, Domestic History, Philosophy, Political Philosophy, Modern Conflicts and Problems of their Settlement, Types of Peacekeeping Activities.
Akmatalieva Ainura Mayrambekovna
Candidate of Political Sciences (23.00.04)
Associate Professor of Political Science
Courses taught: International Integration and the Kyrgyz Republic in Integration Processes; Ethno political Conflicts and Problems of their Settlement; Theory of War and Peace; International Conflicts, Peacemaking, Military Intervention, and Gender
Courses taught: International Organizations; World Concepts of Conflict Management; US Government
Dzhorobekova Ainur Eshimbekovna
Candidate of Historical Sciences
Professor of History
Courses taught: Kyrgyz History, Introduction to International Relations, Contemporary International Relations and World Politics, Comparative Analysis of Political Processes in Central Asia, Diplomatic Protocol and Ceremonial
PhD in Social Geography (University of Michigan, USA)
Courses taught: History of Britain; Socio-Political Geography; Foreign Policy of the Middle East; Socio-Economic Policy of the USSR
Duvanaev Maratbek Ahmatovich
Courses taught: Diplomatic and consular service, Theory and practice of diplomacy, International negotiations
Tsoi Marina Geraevna
PhD in Political Science (University of Eichstät-Ingolstadt, Germany)
Courses taught: History and Theory of Global Conflicts
Choybekov Nurlan Anarbekovich
Courses taught: Introduction to Political Science, Introduction to Conflictology, American Foreign Policy, Fundamentals of Conflict Analysis and Development Theory, Methods of Political Research, Introduction to Sociology, Theories of Social Harmony, Special English, International Law.