The Department of Information Technology services, being a structural subdivision of the IUCA, performs the following functions:
1. Determining the needs and purchasing active network equipment, servers, data backup and recovery tools, information security tools, network infrastructure control and management tools, peripheral equipment, computer equipment and components, software, consumables and spare parts for printing devices and office equipment, other equipment, machinery and materials necessary for the work of the Department, within the approved budget.
2. Planning and distribution of computer and office equipment, software, in accordance with the needs of the University
3. Installation, configuration, technical support and maintenance:
— active network equipment;
— hardware and software information protection;
— hardware and software tools for monitoring and managing the network infrastructure;
— data backup and recovery tools;
— peripheral equipment;
– office equipment.
4. Technical support for the academic activities of the university
5. Diagnostics and troubleshooting of software, computer and office equipment.
6. Providing a system of access to network resources and access rights to the modes and functions of the application software.
7. Ensuring information security of the local area network, servers and user data
8. Providing backup and recovery of servers, databases and user data
9. Coordination of work with suppliers and manufacturers of computer and office equipment on issues of warranty service and repair.
10. Preparation of acts for writing off non-repairable computer equipment, office equipment and consumables
The main goals of the Department are:
1. development of information technologies within the framework of the University activities
2. implementation of work to ensure the smooth functioning and development of software and hardware systems and local area networks;
3. ensuring the protection of information constituting a commercial secret in the course of the University’s activities;
The main tasks of the Department are:
1. ensuring the required level of information security;
2. providing information and technical support for computer equipment and software;
3. carrying out work to optimize the use of information and technical resources
Andrey Sharton, Head of IT departmant.
Alexey Arzamascev, System administrator
Shishkin Oleg, Software engineer
Vyacheslav Rifert, Helpdesk Specialist
The IT-department provides with uninterrupted operation of servers, computer laboratories, a local computer
network, and network equipment.
Services available for IUCA students:
• Postal system
• Google services for educational institutions
• Library system
• Authorization services
• Network resources
• Printing services