FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP FOR TEACHING THE COURSE PEDAGOGICAL LEADERSHIP IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION IN NLA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, BERGEN, NORWAY.
About the course
Pedagogical Leadership in Early Childhood Education is a one-semester course at bachelor level, mainly aimed for exchange students from NLA’s partner institutions. Language of instruction is English.
Through practical work, such as Process-drama, Microteaching, and other methods of drama pedagogy, the students will learn how to lead children and staff in developmental processes. The course will emphasize the pedagogical leader’s social responsibility and her/his responsibility for participating in professional discussions.
Through teaching practice in kindergarten, the students will learn how quality and competence within Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) is developed.
What do you learn?
- Microteaching, video-recall process emphasizing the development of leadership
- Development of leadership through application of improvisation and drama education
- Management of professional processes, focusing on critical thinking and competence development through professional debates and discussions
- ECEC´s commission from society and central values of ECEC, including critical assessment of pedagogical trends and movements in Norway and internationally.
- Pedagogical resources in ECEC
Study and teaching methods in this course will be lectures, seminars, group work, video recordings, counselling, practice observations and self-tuition.
The course contains the following disciplines:
- Pedagogy (20 ECTS (credits))
- Drama (7 ECTS (credits))
- Social Science (3 ECTS (credits))
- passing courses on pedagogy and child psychology;
- passing pedagogical practices on the basis of local educational institutions;
- experience working with children;
- excellent knowledge of English.
- GPA from 3.0.
To participate, you must submit the following documents:
– motivation letter (volume 1 sheet A4; 12 font; 1.5 spacing)
– official transcript from IUCA;
– certificate of the latest TOEFL result;
– consent from parents;
– practice diary;
Deadline for submitting applications 06 October 2019.