Profile “Pedagogy and Methods of Primary Education”
The need for quality education will never disappear. Hundreds of organizations in every corner of the country need qualified teachers.
Some time ago someone said: “Very soon, parents will look for a good teacher for their children.” This time has come. And how important it is for the teacher to be a competent professional, fair, and respectful of the student’s personality. It is this teacher that parents, the school administration and any educational center are looking for today. And so that the teacher was sensitive, modern and creative.
A qualified faculty of the Pedagogy department of the International University of Central Asia strives for just such an outcome in teaching students.
Educational activities of the Pedagogy department are carried out on the basis of license No. LD170000330, registration number 17/0175, Appendix 1, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic. LD170000330 (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic No. 472/1 of 04/19/2017 (Minutes No. 1-6-3 of April 18, 2017).
In 2019, the “Pedagogy” program was successfully accredited for 5 years by the national Education Quality Assurance Agency “EdNet”.
Duration of the program – 4 years
The graduate is awarded the academic qualification degree “Bachelor of Pedagogy”
The program implements the following educational objectives:
- Improving the quality of vocational education of students on the basis of innovative approaches.
- Development of responsibility, independence, critical and creative thinking of students in the learning process.
- Formation of leadership qualities of students-future teachers.
Learning outcomes achieved by graduates of the “Pedagogy” department:
Graduate of the department
1) plans, develops and conducts classes using a student-centered approach to learning;
2) applies innovative methods (interactive learning, projects and research, games, ICT, problem solving method, case method, monitoring, criterial and formative evaluation);
3) solves professional problems on the basis of psychological and pedagogical knowledge, selection of information and productive ways of working with it;
4) demonstrates readiness for self-development and self-education on the basis of self-esteem and professional reflection;
5) is aware of the professional values and social goal of the pedagogical activity, shows activity, perseverance and responsibility in achieving it;
6) speaks and writes in the state official and English languages;
7) works in a team, builds tolerant interpersonal and professional relationships.
The benefits of training in the department of “Pedagogy”:
- obtaining a diploma of a teacher, giving the right to work in educational organizations of various types;
- internship in state, non-governmental and commercial organizations allows employment directly after graduation;
- the possibility of managerial career growth provides the development of disciplines of the organizational and management cycle;
- a qualified faculty with extensive practical experience;
- The project model of extracurricular activities of students and project activities in the classroom provides an opportunity to solve problems and actively participate in practical activities;
- The department actively cooperates with educational organizations of Kyrgyzstan, international organizations (UNICEF, Rossotrudnichestvo) and projects (Norway, USA).
Where can a graduate of the “Pedagogy” department work?
- Employment of graduates of the program, these are educational organizations and services of various types:
- Educational institutions;
- International organizations (UNUCEF, Aga-Khan Foundation, Soros-Kyrgyzstan Foundation)
NGOs implementing educational projects;
- provision of private educational services;
- project, methodical and training activities;
- Advances in the field of informational technology and English proficiency give our graduates the advantage in providing additional services to schoolchildren and their parents.
Asekova Zhyldyz, Head of “Pedagogy” program, acting associate-professor.
Irina Nizovskaya, Acting profesor of “Pedagogy” program.
assistant professor of “Pedagogy” program.
Acting associate-professor of “Pedagogy” program.
Lecturer of “Pedagogy” program.
Lecturer of “Pedagogy” program.